Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– A 5,000-year-old tablet reveals that workers were paid in beer in the absence of formal currency.
– Though nothing new, industrial hop extraction is shedding its taboo reputation in brewing.
– Paul Draper, who led Ridge Vineyards to become one of the world’s most celebrated wine producers, is retiring.
– A Hanoi bar specializes in pho cocktails crafted in a purpose built contraption.
– Finally, Forbes tackles the month’s best and worst in beer advertising.
[Photo: Flickr/Connie Ma]