Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Jim Meehan of PDT is opening a new bar in Chicago called Prairie School.
– An excerpt from the new memoir by the owners of McSorley’s details the time when the fabled wishbones required cleaning.
– Despite the rise of aluminum screw caps, the cork industry has seen a steady rise in recent years.
– The presence of onscreen alcohol has increased in recent years, even in G-rated movies.
– Finally, China is investing in elaborate French-style Chateaus and Italianate castles to encourage the growth of the wine industry.
[Photo: Flickr/(vincent desjardins)]