Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Though he favored a neat glass of Wild Turkey bourbon, John Wayne was also known to enjoy tequila, aquavit and Dom Pérignon.
– A communications company has determined that there are five distinct “tribes” of wine buyers including the “info geek” and the “trophy hunter.”
– Making beer with wastewater may be the future for brewers in drought-stricken California.
– Rather than focus on the adverse effects of alcohol consumption, a new study explores the relationship between alcohol and happiness.
– The trend for small speakeasy-style bars is on the rise in Hong Kong, amid a shortage of space and skyrocketing rents.
– Finally, Jancis Robinson takes stock of the shifting wine world, from new vineyards to new markets.