Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Stillwater Artisanal brewery, which boasts a Drake-inspired “Hopvine Bling” brew, has created a Kanye West-inspired imperial porter called “I Miss the Old Kanye.”
– In the New York Times, Eric Asimov surveys the state of sour beer in the U.S., highlighting several bottles worth seeking out.
– Georgian wines are bold, unusual and increasingly making their way onto progressive wine lists.
– Munchies traces the history of how rum became the British Royal Navy’s drink of choice, winning out over beer and arrack.
– The European grapevine moth that had threatened crops in California since 2009 has officially been eradicated from the state.
– Finally, Vinepair asks whether WWI-era Britain could be the birthplace of the session beer.
[Photo: Flickr/N i c o l a]