Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– A new endeavor aims to grow hops in Pittsburgh’s surplus of abandoned lots to allow for the production of hyper local beers.
– The Daily Beast interviews Rande Gerber, founder of Casamigos Tequila, about drinking with his business partner, George Clooney, and his wife, Cindy Crawford.
– A craft beer hotline in Los Angeles, operated by local beer aficionado, Hal Mooney, answers any craft beer queries from taproom openings to the best post-breakup beer.
– Aaron Goldfarb chats with Father William Dailey, a renowned catholic priest and esteemed cocktail expert.
– Strains of ancient, native grapes are making their way back into Israeli wine, shifting the industry away from transplant French varieties.
– Finally, Esquire delves into the scientific history of why humans enjoy booze.