Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– At Coup, Ravi DeRossi’s forthcoming Manhattan bar, 100 percent of the profits will go towards organizations currently being defunded under the Trump administration.
– In October, Sarah Freeman takes a closer look at BrewDog’s decision to open in Ohio.
– Martha Stewart will be curating the wine selection at her forthcoming eponymous wine company.
– According to The Smithsonian, there’s a surprising amount of chemistry in wine, given that it’s comprised largely of grapes and yeast.
– Finally, Philip Greene investigates the veracity of Antoine Peychaud’s claim to the cocktail.