Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Daniel Boulud’s New York restaurant DBGB is now serving upscale boilermakers.
– Now’s your chance to buy legitimate fine wines from infamous counterfeiter Rudy Kurniawan’s former collection…
– …while illegal, fake alcohol has cost the lives of 15 people in Russia over the past two weeks, convincing some that alcohol production should be put back under government monopoly.
– The New York State Liquor Authority has proposed restrictions on the sale of private wine collections to restaurants, which could be disastrous for many wine lists.
– Chicago is leading the charge in the craft beer boom, with more square feet of commercial real estate there dedicated to craft beer than any other metro area in the country.
– Lastly, the Fragrances bar at The Ritz Berlin has created a menu of 30 drinks inspired by perfumes from around the world.