Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– An Australian company has developed a water bottle that uses solar energy to produce water from air, at a rate of as much as half a quart per hour.
– Jason Wise, director of Somm and its forthcoming sequel Into the Bottle, answers questions about his new film and his love for “the most complicated thing on the dinner table.”
– Michelob Ultra’s Super Bowl commercial—by the director of Training Day—positions the brand as a beer for those who live an “active, balanced” lifestyle.
– Are craft apple spirits the next big thing?
– After retiring from football, some NFL vets, like Charles Woodson, are taking their paycheck and competitive edge to the wine industry.
– Finally, at Levi’s Stadium in San Francisco, chef and pro-tailgater Michael Mina hosts a weekly tailgate for 500, including an impressive Bloody Mary bar.
[Photo: Flickr/Chuck Abbe]