Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Imbibe offers a brief history of the Cuba Libre cocktail, the close relative of the Rum & Coke.
– In Napa, a handful of producers are preserving the grape varietals that have largely lost out to cabernet sauvignon and chardonnay.
– The recent revelation of the Seelbach’s fabricated story also reveals a new level of rigor being applied to cocktail history.
– Jori Jayne Emde is an expert in fermentation, creating tinctures, elixirs and vermouths for cocktails and cooking.
– Finally, Jancis Robinson explores pinot noir beyond Burgundy.