Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Despite being outlawed, the practice of harvesting palm wine persists among Namibia’s indigenous population.
– NPR’s Ari Shapiro explores the world of amari with Brad Thomas Parsons.
– Philippe Bascaules, chief winemaker at California’s Inglenook, has also become the managing director of Château Margaux in Bordeaux.
– Saveur profiles specialty spirits importer, Nicolas Palazzi.
– Shigefumi Kabashima, formerly of Angel’s Share, is creating meticulously crafted cocktails at the newly opened ROKC.
– The Distillery, a gin hotel in London, will offer four floors dedicated to gin drinks.
– Finally, Andrew Jefford recalls his visit to Donald Trump’s Virginia winery.
[Photo: Flickr/Mon Œil]