Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Bruno Paillard, owner of Champagne Bruno Paillard and chairman of Lanson-BCC, claims that global warming will be good for Champagne as it’ll allow for increased production of vintage cuvées.
– London barista Shaun Young partnered with a dairy farm to produce a rich, dense, high-protein milk for pairing with coffee.
– To protest Tour de France’s partnership with Chilean wine group Cono Sur, wineries in the south of France threatened to block the race this summer.
– Despite efforts to close factories and raise prices, Mikhail Gorbachev could not do away with Russia’s taste for alcohol—though he did do away with the Soviet Union.
– Bottomless brunches have become wildly popular in recent years, offering incentives for both customers and restaurants.
– Finally, Starbucks announced that it will open its first store in Italy, one of the world’s most discerning coffee countries, in early 2017.
[Photo: Flickr/Joe Shlabotnik]