Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-osphere.
– A Chinese architect spent four months and used 8,500 discarded beer bottles to build the second floor of his house.
– Japanese distiller Suntory is sending whiskey into space to study the effect zero-gravity has on aging.
– A distiller in southwest China is under investigation for allegedly adding Viagra to its baijiu.
– Contrary to previous reports, Nigeria’s champagne market isn’t the second biggest in the world (after France) – but they do love a bit of bubbly.
– Finally, time to stock up on Asian pears: The fruit could cure your hangover.
[Photo: Flickr/Janet Ramsden]