Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– The 79,000-bottle inventory of bankrupt wine retailer Premier Cru has been bought by auction firm, Spectrum, for $3.6 million.
– Despite the presence of a state-run alcohol monopoly, Sweden’s wine scene continues to grow.
– “Whole bunch vinivication” is catching on in Bordeaux where several winemakers are experimenting with the practice.
– Martini has invented a “Smart Cube” that notifies servers via bluetooth when a customer’s drink is running low.
– Finally, Maanvi Singh asks whether tiki bars exploit Polynesian culture.
[Photo: Flickr/Maria Eklind]