Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Dogfish Head will offer canned beer for the first time since its founding in 1995.
– Bloomberg suggests the Old Fashioned as the perfect Election Day cocktail.
– The Chicago Tribune offers a brief endorsement of the “unpredictable and sometimes weird” pét-nat.
– In the lead-up to the election, one writer samples the political cocktails New York City has to offer.
– The creation of genetically modified yeast has been met with skepticism by brewers, despite its potential for heightened aromatics and efficiency.
– Finally, in The New York Times Andrew O’Hagan writes an ode to drinking in bars.
[Photo: Flickr/Sam Howzit]