Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Despite challenges posed by local bureaucracy, a microbrewing industry is emerging in India alongside a growing class of discerning drinkers.
– Samuel Adams, the original craft beer, is losing market share and shelf space to the thousands of small scale producers it inspired.
– A small distillery in Finland is making big waves in the spirit producing world with its award-winning gin.
– San Francisco-based design studio, Force & Form, talks trends and trajectory in wine label design.
– Several craft brewing industry leaders, including Lagunitas and Ballast Point, are no longer considered “craft” after recent acquisitions by Big Beer brands.
– A new wine buying guide, Wine Lister, aims to bring an unprecedented level of objectivity to the rating system of fine wine.
– Finally, Wine Enthusiast profiles four sommeliers who have made the transition to winemaker.
[Photo: Flickr/Jason Evans]