Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Vietnam’s rapidly growing economy has lured big brewers such as Heineken to expand their business in the nation’s untapped beer market.
– Inspired by the way bourbon burns, scientists have developed unique “fire whirls” to respond to oil spills.
– San Francisco’s first and only sake brewery, Sequoia Sake Company, hopes to pique the interest of a younger generation of sake drinkers.
– Japan’s smallest distillery has become a big player in the country’s whiskey industry, rivaling larger producers like Suntory.
– Titus Burgess of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt sits down with Munchies to discuss his wine label, which is based on the show’s “Peeno Noir” video.
– The New York Post questions the place of celebrities in the world of wine.
– Finally, retailers weigh in on the types of wine packaging most likely to appeal to customers.
[Photo: Flickr/Shinsuke Ikegame]