Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Florida’s Funky Buddha Brewery has debuted a Saved by the Bell-themed beer.
– Passengers on a flight from Oakland, California, to Kansas City earned congratulations from the pilot for drinking all of the alcohol on board.
– The Scottish monks who produce Buckfast, a controversial tonic wine, have seen their income rise despite the drink’s documented links to crime.
– David Trone, the owner of retailer, Total Wine, talks to Lettie Teague about how the chain has reshaped the way Americans buy wine.
– Finally, Decanter investigates whether putting a spoon in a Champagne bottle helps the wine to keep its fizz.