Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Growing interest in American whiskeys has spawned an expanding industry of whiskey writing, according to The New York Times.
– The trend of culinary cocktails continues as bar programs take inspiration from the kitchen, particularly when it comes to pairing cocktails and food.
– NPR explores spirit entrepreneur Steven Grasse’s recent book, Colonial Spirits: A Toast to our Drunken History.
– Gérard Liger-Belair, professor of chemical physics and author of The Science of Champagne, explores how bubbles contribute to the taste of the famous sparkling wine.
– Finally, a bar in Bushwick, Brooklyn is offering a “man bun special,” consisting of free booze in exchange for losing the man ban.
[Photo: Flickr/Yi Wang]