Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Movie theaters are hoping cocktails and other alcoholic beverages on offer will encourage greater attendance.
– The New York Times visits the annual trade fair for the wine industry to observe the astounding array of equipment required to run even the smallest vineyard.
– Johnny Depp reportedly spends $30,000 a month on wine.
– Wayne Curtis explores the terroir of Martinique rum in Saveur.
– Finally, the New York Times tags along with comedian Bridget Everett as she shops for chardonnay.
[Photo: Flickr/Hung Thai]