Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Costa Rica’s most sought-after bartender, Canadian expat Liz Furlong, creates cocktail menus that draw from native Central American ingredients.
– Lawyer Don Cornwell claims he has discovered the “smoking gun” that links Hong Kong auction house Dragon 8 to notorious wine counterfeiter Rudy Kurniawan.
– Winemakers, sommeliers, collectors and industry veterans recall the moment they fell in love with wine.
– A stage adaptation of the Oscar-winning comedy Sideways makes its debut on May 26 in London’s West End.
– In Delaware, Dogfish Head hopes to attract beer lovers with its Dogfish Inn, a 16-room boutique hotel located near the brewery.
– Finally, from Thin Mints to Samoas, Kevin Hart—the sommelier, not the actor—explains how to pair Girl Scout Cookies with wine.
[Photo: Flickr/Lynzey Donahue]