Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– SodaStream, the company that popularized at-home soda makers, is attempting to tap into the beer market with their latest appliance.
– Munchies sits down with bartender Teddy Fury of Toronto’s Horeshoe Tavern where Willie Nelson, Etta James and the Talking Heads have all played.
– In a historic record dated June 1, 1495, the first recorded mention of Scotch whisky appears, with King James IV requesting enough malt for 1,500 bottles.
– As small brewers continue to be acquired by larger companies, the ambiguity of the term “craft” has become a contentious issue in the beer world.
– Finally, from kottbusser to grisette, craft brewers are reviving once-obscure beer styles.
[Photo: Flickr/Alan Levine]