Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– As Starbucks prepares to open its first stores in Italy, some Italian cafe and bar owners are welcoming the world’s largest coffee chain.
– At the Berkeley Springs International Water Tasting, the Clearbook neighborhood of Abbotsford, a Canadian city located just north of the U.S. border, won first place for “Best Municipal Water.”
– The 8,500-square-foot Raleigh Beer Garden in North Carolina holds a Guinness World Record certificate for having more beer brands on draft and varieties on beer of draft than any other bar in the world.
– With 2.4 billion liters sold in 2015, Spain has become the world’s most popular winemaking country, surpassing France, which sold 2 billion liters last year.
– As Donald Trump becomes the likely Republican presidential candidate, rival politicians and journalists are investigating his failed business ventures, like Trump Vodka, a brand released in 2006 and discontinued in 2011.
– The world’s first airport gin distillery has opened at Britain’s Gatwick Airport.
[Photo: Flickr/Keith Williamson]