Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Later this year, Barnes & Noble will debut four new concept stores offering beer and wine.
– With its charitable component and savvy brand ambassadors, Absolut Elyx is quickly coopting the vodka spot at many craft cocktail bars.
– Spain, one of the top gin-consuming countries in the world, has updated the classic Gin & Tonic formula with elaborate garnishes, all served in a goblet called a copa.
– Just ten years after entering the whiskey distilling industry, Taiwan is producing some of the world’s best whiskey.
– Finally, Roads & Kingdoms traces the evolution of beloved Barcelona spot, La Bodega d’en Rafel.
[Photo: Flickr/jenny downing]