Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– The battle over the alcohol content in Kombucha rages on, with the U.S. government telling producers the drink violates regulations.
– Starbucks is attracting criticism from some Christians, who are accusing the coffee company of not making their seasonal holiday cups “Christmas-y” enough.
– Hank Penza, owner of legendary East Village dive bar Mars Bar, has passed away at the age of 82.
– The governor of New York is forming a special group to modernize the state’s liquor laws, which were written over 70 years ago.
– A bunker that sits beneath the English countryside is keeping safe $1.5 billion in fine wine from high-profile collectors.
– Finally, a new “smart” mug called ePint can tell you when you need another beer and can also call you a cab at the end of the night.
[Photo: Flickr/Thomas Angermann]