Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– As part of their annual “Beer Camp” 12-Pack, Sierra Nevada has enlisted six international breweries.
– An American studies doctorate student at Harvard will fill the Smithsonian’s beer historian position.
– The New York Times visits the wineries of California’s Salinas Valley.
– Over the past several years, Michigan has become one of the top hop-producing states.
– Finally, Munchies explores Night Rooster, a cocktail bar in Bali drawing on the flavors of Indonesia.
[Photo: Flickr/Paul Miller]