Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Maryland’s newest distillery, Blue Dyer, was founded by two ex-cops.
– Aaron Goldfarb bar crawls through New York’s oldest bars.
– A Finnish brewery has released a 1,000-pack of beer.
– Allen Katz of New York Distilling Co. boasts one of the most impressive rye collections in the city.
– Wayne Curtis shares the history of the julep strainer.
– Finally, the Finnish spring festival, Vappu, involves a lot of alcohol.
[Photo: Flickr/(vincent desjardins)]