Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Atlanta magazine interviews Paul Calvert, co-owner of Ticonderoga Club, to discover his hangover cures, favorite dive bars and more.
– A new study suggests that the accumulated sensory experiences that come with being a sommelier result in a thickening of the sensory part of the brain.
– NPR probes Jack Daniel’s on the decision to promote the role of Nearis Green, a slave, in their origin story.
– Aaron Goldfarb offers his take on the best beer from every state.
– Finally, Munchies visits Fajã dos Padres, a vineyard on the island of Madeira, and samples the local Malmsey.
[Photo: Flickr/Adam Barhan]