Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– At a bar in Calgary, Canada, Lindsay-Marie Istace hosts “Rage Yoga” classes in which patrons drink and listen to metal.
– After some French wineries threatened to protest the Tour de France for choosing Chile’s Cono Sur as an official sponsor, the tour has agreed to highlight regional French wines across the 2,200-mile trek.
– In the male-dominated world of Tuscan wine, Il Casato Prime Donne owner Donatella Cinelli Colombini employs only women.
– For her role as prosecutor Marcia Clark in the FX series, “The People v. O.J. Simpson,” actress Sarah Paulson met and “drank a lot of tequila” with the real Marcia Clark.
– As the French appellation authority the National Institute of Origin and Quality attempts to establish a regulated category for natural wine, some winemakers are claiming that a strict category would defeat the purpose of the movement.
– Finally, to increase revenue and limit consumption, a proposed Australian tax plan would hike up prices of domestic wines by 235 percent.