Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Justin Kennedy offers his guide to the most common styles of cider from English to cidre brut.
– The New York Times explores the risks of buying a vineyard as an investment.
– Despite its popularity, the Brazilian national spirit, cachaça, has failed to gain traction internationally.
– Not all wine evaluations are purely subjective, according to philosophy professor, Barry Smith.
– Finally, David Wondrich offers his unabridged take on the history of rye whiskey in America.
[Photo: Flickr/Brian J. Geiger]