Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– The creation of a new Piemonte Nebbiolo DOC has triggered opposition in the region.
– Thrillist asks nine bartenders to identify the most overrated and underrated cocktails.
– Proposed legislation that would close a loophole in wine labelling has sparked controversy in several states.
– A new study suggests that humans have been domesticating beer yeast long before scientists even discovered microbes.
– Finally, Grape Collective talks with Kevin Zraly as the lauded wine educator heads into his final year of teaching.
[Photo: Flickr/Adrian Scottow]