Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– The recent passing of Motörhead’s Ian Kilmister, aka Lemmy, has fans petitioning to rename the musician’s favorite drink, a Jack and Coke, to a “Lemmy.”
– Jennifer Lawrence continues to charm us all, this time declaring that her “signature scent” is cabernet.
– The government in the UK has set new drinking guidelines in an effort to lower health risks, with an advised max of six pints of beer or seven glasses of wine per week.
– Which nationality do you drink like?
– With a reported jump in profits, Constellation Brands is looking to invest $1.5 billion more into the construction of a new brewery in Mexico to support its Corona Extra and Modelo Especial brands.
– In the aftermath of the busted 2013 Pappy Van Winkle theft ring, the Van Winkle family is asking that the 28 bottles taken as evidence be destroyed.
– Lastly, Pope Francis asks the important questions: Will he be greeted by tequila during his upcoming trip to Mexico?