Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– A new bar opening in downtown Brooklyn is centered around Victorian cocktails and a bizarre collection of anatomical curiosities salvaged from a 19th-century wax museum.
– Iraq’s parliament has imposed a total ban on the production, consumption and sale of alcohol, angering the country’s non-Muslim citizens.
– Dave McIntyre profiles Hugh Jonson, the British writer who has chronicled the world’s wine trends for more than 50 years.
– With many craft breweries striving for self-sufficiency through the acquisition of hop farms, Salon covers the growing trend of farm-to-bottle brewing.
– London’s Houses of Parliament are home to 30 private bars, all subsidized by the public.
– Finally, Imbibe covers the paranormal activity reported at New Orleans’ haunted bars.
[Photo: Flickr/Rajan Manickavasagam]