Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– New York Governor Andrew Cuomo announced that the state will invest over $50,000 in apples intended specifically for the production of hard cider.
– Jancis Robinson explores a new wave of light-bodied, crisp Japanese wines made from a wide range of imported grape varieties.
– The wine list at Beverly Hills’ Spago boasts over 3,000 selections and is one of the most comprehensive in southern California.
– Aaron Goldfarb makes the case for New York as America’s greatest beer city.
– Finally, Munchies takes us inside the world’s smallest bar, which fits just four people.
[Photo: Flickr/Jill Clardy]