Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– There are plenty of wine-preservation systems on the market—among them, the well-known Coravin—but how well do they work?
– Meet three Oaxacan women who have been making artisanal mezcal since childhood.
– In Belgium, 35 multinational companies, including Anheuser-Busch InBev, must pay back $765 million after the European Union deemed a Belgian corporate tax break illegal.
– As wineries in France and California face the problems of a changing climate, southwest England is reaping the benefit of warmer summers and mild winters.
– Finally, this video tracks the progress from Folgers to the “third wave” of craft roasts, like Stumptown and Intelligentsia.
[Photo: Flickr/Brook Peterson]