Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Turner Classic Movies is launching the TCM Wine Club, which will offer original wines inspired by classic films, in addition to a curated selection of other wines.
– Drinking on television is on the rise: A dive into how writers have recently been using it as a plot point and character-development tool.
– Beer companies are doubling down on the potential rise of beer drinking in Africa.
– A handy primer on Scotch ales.
– A judge recently threw out a lawsuit saying that there are definable standards as to what constitutes a “craft” beer, meaning that Miller’s Blue Moon could legally be considered craft.
– Finally, according to a release from NASA, a comet near the sun is giving off large amounts of alcohol. Don’t overdo it, space.
[Photo: Flickr/Faisal Akram]