Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– The team behind New York’s Dead Rabbit Grocery and Grog are opening BlackTail, a cocktail bar inspired by American bars in Prohibition-era Havana.
– In Borneo, a typical morning during rice planting season involves a predawn breakfast of alcoholic rice porridge.
– A team of brewers is seeking to introduce quality craft beer to Ho Chi Minh, where quantity has long overshadowed quality when it comes to beer.
– In an attempt to lure bourbon and rye drinkers towards whiskey, distillers are increasingly considering non-peated recipes.
– Finally, a new video game for oenophiles asks users to track down tasting notes for real French rosés.