Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Richard Branson’s seemingly endless Virgin empire will now include a craft beer, with their new “Hop On Board” brew to be served exclusively aboard Virgin Trains in the UK.
– A Melbourne-based language expert says the Australian accent is the result of early settlers’ “booze-filled conversations.”
– Initial estimates from the International Organization of Vine and Wine show global wine production going up 2% in 2015.
– Aquafina has admitted that their water comes from a “public water source,” but is defending its filtration process.
– Finally, in last night’s Republican debate, the contenders couldn’t seem to stop talking about beer—with Rick Santorum even getting a question about the proposed acquisition of Coors Brewing Co. by AB InBev.
[Photo: Flickr/Jarle Naustvik]