Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– In The New York Times, Robert Simonson takes stock of the growing group of movie-themed bars.
– Sparkling wine from Sussex has been granted protected regional status, requiring stricter quality assurances.
– One bottle of BrewDog’s The End of History costs $20,000, but comes with an equity stake in the company.
– The Washington Post reviews David White’s recently-released guide to Champagne.
– A study of the genetic makeup of barley indicates that beer-brewing was a consideration for early farmers.
– Finally, Munchies looks inside three of Hong Kong’s most elaborately-themed bars.
[Photo: Flickr/Heath Cajandig]