Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– Imbibe investigates how California-based wineries are responding to the new norm of drought and wildfire.
– According to Aaron Goldfarb, whiskey companies have a penchant for incorporating disasters into their branding.
– The founder of Ravenswood winery, Joel Peterson, reflects on the progress of California wine over the past half century.
– One writer recounts her experience of volunteering for the annual wine harvest in Champagne.
– Munchies profiles Mica Rousseau, Mexico’s top bartender.
– Finally, in The Washington Post, M. Carrie Allan highlights the daily plights facing female bartenders.