Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– A historic 19th-century cellar housing 400,000 bottles of wine and spirits, including Cognac from 1881 and rum from 1811, sits beneath Monaco’s Hôtel de Paris.
– Florida’s new St. Augustine Distillery is producing the state’s first bourbon since Prohibition.
– Local breweries have taken on the role of neighborhood bar as craft brewers rely increasingly on their taprooms to sell directly to consumers.
– A new wave of “whisper whiskies,” aimed at millennials, are lighter and mellower than their more traditional counterparts.
– Finally, Roads & Kingdoms samples Mojitos along the Hemingway trail in Havana.