Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– In response to shrinking market share, Sam Adams has doubled down on efforts to produce innovative brews.
– Washington, D.C.’s forthcoming Trump International Hotel will offer tastes of high-end wine by the (crystal) spoonful.
– A mechanical corkscrew and self-pouring wine machine, fabricated from 300 pieces of scrap iron, will be auctioned at Christie’s and is estimated to fetch up to £25,000.
– A pumpkin shortage has left brewers scrambling to obtain enough of the fall favorite to produce their seasonal beers.
– Finally, Munchies recounts the protracted legal battle surrounding the labeling of Tennessee whiskey.
[Photo: Flickr/Andrew Basterfield]