Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-o-sphere:
– A UK bar has been fined £100,000 for serving a liquid nitrogen shot to a young woman, who then had to have her stomach removed.
– It was only a matter of time before barrel-aged vodka made an appearance.
– A recent Gallup poll indicates that Americans who are wealthy and educated are also those most likely to drink alcohol.
– Did you manage to get a taste of the Zwanze Wild Brussels Stout? It was only available this past Saturday.
– Denver may soon allow pot smoking in restaurants and bars.
– Finally, a Louisiana man avoided a DWI by riding his horse home from the bar. (He received a “drunk in public” ticket, instead.)
[Photo: Flickr/Robert Montgomery]