Your daily dose of news and happenings from around the drink-osphere.
– Escaped drug kingpin Joaquin Guzman needed a beer after his trying day escaping from prison.
– It turns out that the liquid thrown at Lil’ Wayne at Miami’s LIV on Saturday night was probably vodka. Now the question remains: Did Birdman do it?
– “Smart” wine bottles may help prevent wine fraud and tainted bottles in the future.
– Scotland’s first domestic wine is a disappointment, critics say.
– Starbucks is getting into the burgeoning South African café scene.
– This beetle is the only known animal that lives solely off coffee beans—and it’s ruining them for you.
[Image: Flickr/Disney | ABC Television Group]