Given its low proof, sherry runs the risk of being over-diluted in long drinks. Here, however, amontillado, manzanilla and cream sherries are able to stand up to a mound of crushed ice and fresh citrus as the base of this take on the classic Sherry Cobbler.
- 1 ounce manzanilla sherry
- 1 1/2 ounces amontillado sherry
- 1/2 ounce cream sherry
- 1/4 of an orange, sliced into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon superfine sugar
Garnish: Mixed berries and powdered sugar.
- Combine cream sherry, sugar and orange slices in a cocktail shaker and gently muddle together.
- Add the remaining ingredients and a cup of crushed ice.
- Shake gently and pour all ingredients into a Collins glass.
- Garnish with a straw, mixed berries or seasonal fruit, and a shake of powdered sugar.