This mezcal– and Cognac-based spin on the Manhattan takes its name from the year of the Mexican Revolution and nods to the 1919, another house cocktail at Drink, named after the year of Boston’s Molasses Flood. “I’ve become obsessed with this build over the years,” says Ezra Star, “Really, I just put all my favorite things in glass.”
- 3/4 ounce mezcal
- 3/4 ounce Cognac
- 1/2 ounce maraschino liqueur
- 1 ounce Punt e Mes
- 2 dashes Peychaud's bitters
Garnish: orange twist
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe or cocktail glass.
- Garnish with an orange twist.