Severance uses its house vermouth blend across all of its Martini variations, “but specifically in a 50/50 with a dash of orange bitters, it is rather unstoppable,” says Evan Charest. The secret: a small measure of manzanilla sherry, which “adds a freshness to the house style that cannot be matched.”
- 1 1/2 ounces gin, preferably Bimini
- 1 1/2 ounces Severance House Vermouth (see Editor's Note)
- 1 dash orange bitters
Garnish: lemon twist
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.
To make Severance’s House Vermouth, blend 75 percent Cinzano 1757 extra dry vermouth with 25 percent Lustau manzanilla sherry.