A cheeky take on Don Javier’s classic preparation of tequila, Coca-Cola and lime. The drink must be stirred with the knife used to cut the limes.
Scarlett Lindeman | Cicatriz, Mexico City
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1/4 ounce Ancho Reyes chile liqueur
- 3 ounces Coca-Cola
Garnish: sea salt (to rim the glass), lime wheel
- Rim a highball glass with salt, and fill the glass with ice.
- Add the tequila, lime juice and Ancho Reyes, then top with Coca-Cola.
- Mix the drink with the knife used to cut the limes.
- Garnish with a lime wheel.