In a recent Boulevardier blind tasting, Abigail Gullo’s rye-based rendition took top honors. The judges termed it a near-perfect example of the cocktail.
Abigail Gullo’s Boulevardier
Abigail Gullo, The State Hotel | Seattle
- 1 1/2 ounces rye whiskey, preferably Rittenhouse Rye
- 3/4 ounces sweet vermouth, preferably La Quintinye Vermouth Rouge
- 3/4 ounces Campari
Garnish: orange peel
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over cracked ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube.
- Garnish with orange peel.