Alec Bales’ 50/50 Martini earned an honorable mention in our blind tasting of 11 different recipes. His version offers vanilla and confectionary notes, thanks to the way Fords gin lends structure to the cocktail.
- 1 1/2 ounces gin, preferably Fords
- 1 1/2 ounces dry vermouth, preferably Carpano
- 2 dashes Regans' orange bitters
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass filled with ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass or coupe.
- Garnish with a small green olive and a long lemon twist.