Taking second place in our blind tasting of 11 50/50 Martini recipes, Alex Jump’s recipe was described as having a “beautiful finish.”
Alex Jump’s 50/50 Martini
Alex Jump's 50/50 Martini
- 1 1/2 ounce London dry gin, preferably Tanquerary 10
- 1 1/2 ounce dry vermouth, preferably Noilly Prat Extra Dry
- 1 dash orange bitters, preferably Regans'
Garnish: green olive and lemon twist
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass filled with ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled Nick & Nora glass.
- Garnish with a green olive and a lemon twist.